As someone who has messed up a cake or two, I can completely understand that baking can be tricky. But if you start off easy and follow instructions carefully then you can get a hang of it and before you know it you’ll be baking dozens of cakes for all your loved ones.
A sponge cake is made using some basic ingredients and absolutely no twisted techniques. I have added bananas to it to make it a little more special.
- Ripen banana 3 (mashed)
- Jaggery /Sugar 1 &1/2 cup (the sugar can be used less as per your preference)
- All purpose flour 1 & 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Raisin 2tbl spn
- Egg 2
- Baking powder 1tsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
In a bowl beat eggs, preferably by using an electric mixer.
Add oil, sugar and vanilla essence into it. Add the mashed bananas as well.
Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Mix these dry ingredients (slowly in 5-6 batches with a spatula) into the batter.
Sprinkle cashew nuts and raisins on top.
Prepare a baking tray (lightly greased). Preheat the oven and bake for 28 minutes in convection 180 degree.
And that’s it! Your banana cake is ready. Before you shift it on to the cooling rack, leave your cake for 5-10 minutes in the baking tray.
- Dry fruits added to a cake batter often tend to sink to the bottom of the cake pan while baking. To help them remain on top, dust the dry fruits with a little bit of flour and then add them on top of the cake batter before putting it in the oven. This way the dry fruits will stay on top the way you want them to be.
- Do not rest your cake batter for too long after it is prepared. Move on to the next step.
- Do not over mix the batter.
This cake is super soft and best for a quick indulgence! Moreover preparing it takes very very less time so bake it as often as you’d like till you become a pro at baking.
Hope this sweetness helps you in having a great week. Happy Cooking 🙂