When my children were little, they had an adorable habit of getting up early on some Sundays, cleaning the rooms and preparing a breakfast for my husband and me. This, back then, was the best gift they could give us and was the routine on every weekend, anniversary or birthday and something I fondly looked forward to. Now that they are all grown up, I miss those adorable breakfasts in bed more than anything.
This post is dedicated to those of you who are absolutely new to cooking but want to surprise mom, dad, partner or a loved one with a tasty breakfast. Not to forget that today’s recipes are not just tasty but extremely healthy and if you want to include these dishes in your daily diet then it’ll surely be a great addition.
For the smoothie
- Ripe banana 1
- Sapota aka chiku (ripe) 2
- Sweet lime/orange juice 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence few drops
- Honey /Sugar 2 tbl spn
- Milk 150 ml
- Almond 10-12 (blanched)
- Lemon zest 1/2 tsp
Mix all above ingredients in a blender. That’s it 😀
For the Herb tea
- Darjeeling leaf tea 1 tsp
- Few drops of lemon juice (according to your taste)
- Mint leaves 2-3
- Basil leaves 2-3
- Honey 1 tbl spn (or as per taste)
Boil a cup of water. Remove it from heat and add tea leaves to it. Cover for 2 minutes. Strain . Add honey, lemon juice and the leaves into it.
You may serve hot or cold.
Garlic toast with poached egg
- Bread 1 slice
- Egg 1
- Butter 1tbl spn
- Garlic 2 cloves(minced)
Cut the center of the bread with a round cookie cutter.
Mix the butter with the garlic. Apply it on the both sides of the slice and the round piece as well.
Put it on a non stick griddle over low flame and toast one side till golden. Flip it and break an egg into the round empty space in the middle of the bread.
Cook the egg for as long as you prefer. Your toast is ready.
- Brush the griddle with few drops of butter if it is needed while preparing the toast.
- Use other fruits for the smoothie, like apple, pear. You can use sweet pomegranate juice or any other citrus fruit instead of orange juice.
- Replace the butter with margarine and the egg yolk with two egg whites and you can have a healthy breakfast for diabetics as well.
- Use brown bread for an even healthier version.
Your breakfast is all ready for the big morning surprise! What do you like surprising your loved ones with? Please leave it in the comments below, I love getting to know my readers and fellow bloggers better. I hope you all had a great Sunday and have an equally amazing week ahead.. Happy Cooking 🙂